Sunday 12 April 2009

Former WWE stars set to appear at English event

Well I've never heard of One Pro Wrestling but the English promotion has former ECW and WWE stars Nunzio, Balls Mahoney, Kid Kash and Sandman on it's upcoming match card.

When I first saw this I couldn't quite believe it and the event 'To The Extreme' which is taking place this weekend at the Doncaster Dome is not to be missed.

There is some confusion as to when the event is starting as the times are mentioned twice on this page however they are not the same!

The biggest draw by far is Sandman who had a stint on WWE Raw for a while and if I saw him on any card I would go to event purely to see him perform live.

He always gets an electric reaction from crowds and a prime example of this can be seen below at One Night Stand.


I do find it hard to understand why this popular crop of American wrestlers have ended up in Doncaster but I suppose once you have worked for the WWE the only way is down.

I'm sure the four men in question will have been offered quite handsome deals to make an appearance on the English independent scene.

Ticket prices suggest this with the cheapest option at £20 for stalls. Floor seats come in at £35 and a ring side seat would set you back £50. This seems rather steep in for an English promotion and this is put into perspective when you consider my WWE Raw ticket cost £40.

1 comment:

  1. It is good to see wrestling back being promoted in England again, although they will clearly have to do something about their high ticket prices if they want to stay competitive.

    ReplyDelete