Friday 3 April 2009

Wrestlemania Preview - Spoiler free


The biggest date in the pro wrestling calendar is once again upon us and what an event it promises to be.

The match card this year is packed with interesting rivalries and it's a certainty that there will be a number of special moments which will go down in history.

Every year people say it's going to be the best Wrestlemania ever which is not always true in my opinion. However I thoroughly believe that this Sunday we will be witnessing one of the greatest Mania's of all time.

I will now give my opnion on the matches I am looking forward to most.

Triple H (C) vs Randy Orton

This match has been promoted brilliantly and is the clear main event. In recent years there have been 2 or 3 matches that could have been at the top of the bill but this strategy has now been changed. The Triple H / Orton rivalry has been given the most airtime and has included some shocking moments. The WWE clearly see Orton as their new top man and I would be very surprised if he didn't walk out as champion.


Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels

Two of the biggest names in wrestling history go head to head and I just know this match will be a bit special. The build-up has been pretty good and I particularly liked Michaels religious entrance last week on Smackdown. Michaels has done most of the VT's and promos and I have to say the one in the graveyard was slightly embarrassing. When he said 'rest in peace' I burst out laughing. I want HBK to win but I suppose Taker's record will be protected.

Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

Brother versus brother matches always make for good viewing. Ignore the poor advertisement of this match - the WWE have had bigger rivalries to plug. Matt Hardy's VT with the dog was absolutely ridiculous! This match will be emotionally charged and I am confident that these two talented individuals will deliver the match of their lives and do their family proud. I really don't have a clue as to who will get the victory.

Edge (C) vs John Cena vs Big Show

Big Show makes his first appearance in a championship match at Wrestlemania since 2000 however I think he is just there to make up the numbers. If he did win the title it would be pretty amazing but I can't see this happening. The story line involving these three isn't the best as I think everyone is a little bored of the Edge and Vicky love hate relationship hence why I have this as the fourth best match. This title has changed hands quite often so I'm not sure what they have in store next. Surely Cena can't win a championship at Wrestlemania again?

Money in the bank

This is always an entertaining match and should include some neat spots. My only snag about this is that none of the wrestlers included seem worthy of winning it.

What is your opinion on the Wrestlemania card? No spoilers please.

No comments:

Post a Comment