Tuesday 10 March 2009

Main event on titantron? Hmmm...

On Raw this past Monday the main event was shown on the titantron. If I had paid good money to come and watch the show I wouldn't be too pleased if the business end of the episode was shown on a screen.

Having been to a few shows myself I am trying to imagine the muted crowd atmosphere after the segment ended and the show was over. I must say though that seeing Orton thrown through the windows of 'his house' by Triple H was quite powerful and further builds the feud between the two.


I suppose the risk you take if you go to Raw or Smackdown is that you could get a weak show as opposed to going to a house show where it is guaranteed that all the best wrestlers will feature in matches. When I went to see Raw in Manchester a couple of years ago I distinctly remember waiting around for things to happen which is obviously due to the many advert breaks.

I record Raw and Smackdown on Sky+ and often find myself fast forwarding through long boring matches like the six man tag involving Mysterio and Christian this week for instance. That type of match is so clearly put there in order to fill time and has little impact on anything.

On the subject of Christian he got anything but a high profile return to the WWE. He just turned up on ECW one week to little commentator reaction and then when he came out on Raw he again got little reaction from Lawler and Cole. This seems strange for such a big name.

No comments:

Post a Comment