Monday 30 March 2009

WWE's UK tour imminent


World Wrestling Entertainment makes its first stop in Britain on April 17th and I for one cannot wait.

The reason for this is that I am very forunate to be going to see the televised episode of Raw at the O2 Arena in London three days later.

I prefere to go to the televised shows as I think that the wrestlers want and need to perform at their best. Whereas at the standard 'Wrestlemania Revenge Tour' events they can get away with putting 70% effort in as only the crowd in the arena will see it.

My other gripe about the Revenge Tour is that it features the same matches each night so I would presume that it must be rather tedious for the wrestlers to do the same moves with the same finishes for nine evenings.

The main event for Raw has been announced and to be honest I'm not overly excited about it. It is a tag team which features John Cena and Triple H taking on Edge and Randy Orton.

I always think putting a meaningless tag team match as the main event is a cheap way of getting the four biggest names out all at once in the same ring. Perhaps this is a 'can't lose' for television ratings but I'd much rather see a match with something riding on it.

For instance a world title match involving two of those four would be far more suitable. I'm not asking for a title to change hands but an entertainining contest with a few nervous moments for the champion would have the crowd gripped.

No comments:

Post a Comment